Disney has always had a way of helping families create magical memories to last a lifetime. The Disney parks are a destination for people all over the world who want to experience the wonder and excitement that Disney has become known for. The only downside to the popularity of the parks is the extremely long wait times that can accompany your visit there. Disney Vacation Club members have another option allowing them a chance to feel like a real VIP and enjoy some after-hours time in the park.
Moonlight Magic is a special event offered on select nights throughout 2018 that keeps the park open after normal operating hours. The event is a special perk for Disney Vacation Club members giving them access to attractions, special character meet and greets and complimentary refreshments throughout the park. The privilege of staying in the park after dark means that you will get to enjoy shorter wait times for popular rides. This is a particularly big deal for the dates at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where the much anticipated Toy Story Land will have recently opened before the Moonlight Magic party is held there. At the Disney California Adventure Park, Paradise Pier is set to be transformed into Pixar Pier in time for fans to enjoy the new attractions at the November Moonlight event.
DVC members can enter the park during normal hours and mingle with the regular crowd. As the regular guests are ushered out vacation club owners get to stay and experience the magical transformation. Imagine being at the Magic Kingdom, one of Disney World’s busiest parks, and getting to walk right on to the most popular rides. Space Mountain is an indoor roller coaster that takes you on a rocket ship through space. It’s a thrilling collection of swift turns and drops that will leave you smiling and wanting to go again. Normal wait times for this cosmic coaster are usually an hour or more, but during the Moonlight Magic event, you can expect little to no wait, allowing you to ride this and over twenty-five other popular attractions to your heart’s content. Each park will have its own special attractions to enjoy. When you need a break from the rides find a refreshment stand and grab some free ice cream or one of the other treats included in admission.
- This year has brought more event dates than ever before with parties schedule for every month from January to November. Complimentary Moonlight Magic dates are slated as follows;
- Jan. 11 and 28, and Feb. 6 at Magic Kingdom Park (Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Dec 7. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Dec 21.)
- March 21, April 17 and May 16 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Feb 8. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Feb 22.)
- May 30 and June 11 at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park (Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates April 19. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on May 3.)
- July 16 and Aug. 13 at Epcot (Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates June 6. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on June 20.)
- Sept. 19 and 26, and Oct. 3 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Booking begins for Members with Resort reservations on the event dates Aug 30. Pending availability, booking opens for all Members on Sept. 13.)
- Nov. 15 at Disney California Adventure Park (Booking begins for all Members on Oct. 4.)
More dates are set to be scheduled through the end of the year. Only one event night for each participating park will be allowed per membership to ensure that as many DVC members as possible have a chance to enjoy Moonlight Magic. Make sure that you RSVP to secure a spot. You will need to have your DVC member card, photo id and reservation to be granted entry into the event.
Fidelity Real Estate gives you a chance to buy Disney Vacation Club points and membership through their real estate professionals. Look through the numerous options they have listed on their website and find your perfect vacation ownership package. The DVC resales they offer range in size and price so there is something for every budget. The locations are diverse as well with resorts in Hawaii, Florida, and everywhere in between. Fidelity is the go-to company for Disney Vacation Club resales having sold more DVC properties since 2005 than any other resale company. To make the experience as easy as possible for you Fidelity provides one-on-one consultations with one of their DVC experts and offers vacation club financing. You can also sign up for their DVC priority mail list and find out about special offers and listings as soon as they are available.
Once you make your Disney Vacation Club purchase through Fidelity be sure to lock in a date to attend Moonlight Magic. It’s a special experience you and your family won’t want to miss.